Contact : 01564-225454, +91-9828476447, +91-9414087007 , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Gandhi Vidya Mandir is nestled like an oasis in Rajasthan's Thar desert. It is about 330 km west of Delhi , 135 km east of Bikaner and 250 km north of Jaipur (connected by rail and road). GVM has its own triad of helipads.
GVM was founded in 1950, on a 1200-acre piece of land, in one of the harshest and most backward terrains. Acutely prone to droughts, hot and cold waves, epidemics and other travesties of nature, GVM has striven to alleviate the deprivations through various permanent and ad-hoc programmes of education, culture, livelihood, health and hygiene, vocations among others without any discrimination.
GVM is a manifestation of the vision of Shri Kanhaiyalal Dugar, an embodiment of universal humanism. Shri Dugar dedicated his entire life and all his personal wealth for the cause of education and upliftment of the down-trodden.
GVM has over 10,000 resident / non-resident students, from pre-primary to Ph.D. level. GVM was conceptualized and nurtured as a University. The studies in Education started in 1953, with Basic Teachers' Training College offering TTC course, as it existed then. In 1954, the course was replaced by Basic STC. The degree courses started in 1956, postgraduate in 1958 and the facility for PhD was added in 1968. The Institute of Advanced Studies in Education came into being under the Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Education in 1993.
Institute of Advanced Studies in Education (IASE) of GVM was formally recognized as Deemed to be University by Govt. of India under Section 3 of the UGC Act-1956 vide notification F.9/29/2000-U.3 of 25th June 2002, and by UGC vide notification F.6-25/2001 (cpp-i) of 27th July 2002.
SPECTRUM OF ACTIVITIES OF GVM
Education, Research & Extension:
- IASE - Basic Teachers Training College conducting STC, NTT, B.Ed, M.Ed, M.Phil and Ph.D programmes.
- Directorate of Distance Education.
- Shri BLD Ayurved Vishva Bharti (Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital).
- Faculty of Engineering, Life Science, IT and Management.
- Women's College of Arts , Commerce, Science and Home Science.
- Faculty of Physiotherapy and Allied Medical Sciences.
- Department of Veterinary & Animal Sciences.
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) for training of farmers.
- Three Senior Higher Secondary Schools - Meera Niketan Senior Secondary School for Girls, Basic Senior Secondary School for Boys, Seth Sampatram Dugar Senior Secondary School for Boys.
- Centre of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Balbari - Montessori school .
- Central Library.
- Hostel facilities for 2,000 students, separate for boys and girls (AC and Air cooled rooms on demand).
- Guest House - Pranav Kutir, having A.C and Air cooled rooms.
- Ram Manch and Sohan Sabhagar - an indoor auditorium having a seating capacity of 5000 people.
- Facilities for training and playing of all important games and sports with gymnasia, stadia and a number of large play grounds.
- 30 Educational Research Projects - financed by the MHRD & Govt. of India , have been accomplished and some others are in progress.
- 20 doctoral degrees have been awarded and 17 research scholars are currently registered.
- Primary schools established in 12 villages.
- Non-formal Education Centres - for children between the age group of 6-14 years in 37 villages.
- Total Literacy Programme - Successful implementation in 45 villages.
- Post - literacy programme - Library set up in 12 villages .
- Mobile Libraries for new literates.
- 45 Adult Education Centres in several villages, for girls and ladies.
- Free outdoor Health and Medical Centres in Sardarshahr, serving the needs of the socially and economically backward sections.
- Medical Camps in nearby villages
- Indoor Hospital with 100 beds.
- Mobile Dispensary and Rural Ambulance Service.
- Health Education and Sanitation programme in about 400 villages as a constituent of Community Participation Unit under Aapni Yojna, the German Govt. assisted project of Rs. 4300 million.
- Organized Health camp at Tsunami affected area,Barmer flood,Uttarkahand flood and landslides etc.
- Wells with motorized pumps provided in 10 villages.
- Construction of rainwater harvesting structures and promotion of water conservation activities in the rural areas.
- Dwelling houses provided to a number of harijan families in different villages.
- Participated in Panchayati Raj institution by conducting planning and training of Panchs and Sarpanchs.
- Successful implementation of complimentary measures of integrated drinking water, sanitation & health education in more than 500 villages of Churu and two adjoining districts, as a constituent in the Community Participation Unit of Apni Yojna.
- 20 deep tube wells within the GVM campus run by PHED, supplying drinking water to Sardarshahr town and 150 villages.
- Establishment of cottage industries in Bardasar village.
- Breed improvement of cattle.
- Production and distribution of improved variety of seeds to the farmers.
- Agriculture Development through Krishi Vigyan Kendra (Farm Science Centre) with large demonstration farms and conduction of various training programmes for farmers.
- Various professional and vocational training programmes.
- Formation of 275 Self-Help Groups and linking them with income generation activities in the villages under Aapni Yojna.